Description of the telemetry and error reporting functions in the local UNMS Controller v1.1.0+.
Table of Contents
- Why are we collecting this data?
- How to opt-out?
- What data is reported?
- Related Articles
The UNMS local controller collects certain telemetry and error information and reports it to Ubiquiti for the purpose of improving the product and the user experience, as described in more detail under sections “Why are we collecting this data?” and “What data is reported?” below. The telemetry data used in the UNMS local controller is generated without common device identifiers (e.g.IP/MAC addresses) or personal information (e.g. emails). Standard sanitization filters are applied to the error reports to remove potentially sensitive variables and strings.
Why are we collecting this data?
The purpose of the reports is to help us better fine-tune and improve UNMS controller performance for all users so that we can ensure that everyone gets the best possible experience from both Network and CRM modules. With this data, we can measure and optimize improvements and quickly identify and fix any regressions.
How to opt-out?
- Both telemetry and error reporting can be disabled in Settings > UNMS.
- The telemetry can be disabled in System > Settings > Application.
- The error reporting can be disabled in System > Settings > Error reporting.
What data is reported?
When the telemetry and error reporting is enabled, the following data is sent:
- UNMS random ID, controller version and uptime.
- UNMS server hardware parameters.
- UNMS settings.
- Device and system configurations and usage.
- The number of devices, (Client) Sites and users.
- The number of active/disconnected devices and outages sorted by device model and firmware version.
When telemetry and error reporting is enabled, the following data is sent:
- Are app keys used and if so, what is the date of when it was last used?
- Is the mobile app used and if so, what is the date of when it was last used?
- The number of clients, organizations, invoices, jobs, and tickets.
- CRM random ID, version, last login date, device and system configuration, and usage.