This article introduces the highlights of UNMS v1 with integrated CRM module.
NOTES & REQUIREMENTS: This article applies to UNMS 1.0.0 with integrated CRM module.
Table of Contents
UNMS v1 Highlights
- Fast, automatic and seamless Traffic Shaping and Suspension: everything is managed by UNMS (no need to configure any Firewall, NAT or QoS rules manually anymore).
- Easy client installation with automatic discovery and UNMS mobile app.
- Traffic Shaping, Suspension and NetFlow are compatible with DHCP: dynamic IPs are enabled now. UNMS is always aware of the current IP of all Ubiquiti devices.
- Advanced network monitoring, even for devices in a separate network, NAT. Also, seamless migration to cloud is now enabled.
- UNMS auto-backups will automatically create safe data points you can fall back to in case of any issues.
- UI redesign brings not only a fresh modern look, but new smart filtering as well.
- Header search is a new feature capable of performing a full-text search through all of the UNMS system for the desired keyword.
- Datalinks of ethernet connections are now created automatically in your topology view through LLDP. It is now easier than ever before to create a complete topology map of your network in UNMS.
- Smart outages now report only the device responsible for the network issue instead of all devices from the affected segment.
- Safe credentials vault allows you to store device login data in a secure manner and use them to login into devices quickly.
UNMS v1 Prerequisites
UNMS v1 requires using EdgeOS 2.0.2+ on your gateway router to get most of UNMS features. We recommend using one of the EdgeRouter devices based on the Cavium platform as your gateway router: ideally EdgeRouter Infinity or EdgeRouter 12. Make sure the router is upgraded to the latest firmware version 2.0.2+.
NOTE: UNMS will work with other routers, including third party hardware but some advanced features won't be enabled, e.g. easy shaping and suspension automatically linked to customers’ services.
New Network and CRM Modules in UNMS
UNMS v1 now consists of two modules: Network and CRM. The Network module takes care of all devices and network management, while the CRM module provides customer management and billing.
CRM Module (formerly known as UCRM) no longer contains any network-related data, such as sites, their devices, service devices (CPEs), and IPs for example. If this data is in a current UCRM instance, the Network Migration wizard can be used to move that data into the Network module and link it to the corresponding client’s services in CRM.
CRM Client’s services are linked to Network Client Sites. The client’s service provides all the “business elements” such as pricing and billing periods for example. All the “network elements”, such as devices, IP addresses and so on, is managed in the corresponding Client Site within the Network module.
See more in depth information on Sites and Client Sites in UNMS, and Clients and Services in CRM, along with helpful terminology in the UNMS v1 - Sites and Clients article.
Seamless Traffic Shaping and Suspension (100% automatic) are managed by both CRM and Network modules. The CRM module decides who should be shaped or suspended based on the client's services and payments history; while the Network module does the hard work for you: automatically suspends or shapes the proper IP on the gateway router. And what’s more, you don’t need to bother with any difficult router configuration at all.