This article provides troubleshooting steps when the discovery of a newly connected device in the UNMS mobile app is not successful. UniFi devices are managed on mobile by the UniFi app. For all other current Ubiquiti devices, please use the UNMS Mobile app.
Table of Contents
1. Is the device connected to power? It may take up to 45 seconds for some devices to fully boot up from the moment the LED starts glowing.
2. Is your mobile device connected to the correct Wi-Fi network? You may need to go to Settings > Wi-Fi (may vary on different mobile systems) and choose either the management network of the device or another network the device is connected to.
3. Was your device connected recently? Please note that the management Wi-Fi may disconnect after some time when it doesn't detect any activity (15 minutes after connecting to power). Bring the mobile closer to the device you are trying to adopt; the management Wi-Fi network has an intentionally limited range.
4. Still cannot see the device? Please check the appropriate Quick Start Guide of the device. Quick Start Guides can be found at the bottom of all device pages, when navigating from here. Or you can search for them by product line and model name in our Downloads page.
5. If everything else fails, reset the device manually, wait until it boots up and begin adoption once again using the device's Quick Start Guide.
1. Is the airCube connected to power? It may take up to 45 seconds to fully boot up.
2. Is the phone connected to the correct Wi-Fi? You may need to go to Settings > Wi-Fi on the mobile and choose the airCube-… network. Please note that the network may have a different name, if it was changed at some point.
3. Still cannot see the device? Reset the device manually, wait until it boots up and proceed with setup as described in the Quick Start Guide (PDF).
Other Ubiquiti Devices
Please follow the steps in the corresponding Quick Start Guide. Quick Start guides can be found at the bottom of all device pages, when navigating from here. Or you can search for them by product line and model name in our Downloads page.