Readers will learn how to add VLANs to an EdgeSwitch or EdgeSwitch X.
NOTES & REQUIREMENTS:
Table of Contents
- Adding VLANs to the EdgeSwitch
- Assigning the VLANs to the Ports
- Deleting VLANs from the EdgeSwitch
- Related Articles
Adding VLANs to the EdgeSwitch
The first step is to log into EdgeSwitch Web UI and add the necessary VLANs.
GUI: Access the EdgeSwitch Web UI.
1. Navigate to the VLANs to add the VLANs to the EdgeSwitch. In this example, VLAN10 and VLAN20 are added.
VLANs > New VLAN ID
2. Fill in 10 and select the icon to add the VLAN.
3. Fill in 20 and select the icon to add the VLAN.
4. Apply the changes.
Assigning the VLANs to the Ports
Now that the VLANs have been added, we can assign the VLANs to the interfaces in order to place hosts in certain VLANs. To do this, we need to change the default
Excluded (E) port VLAN setting to
In this example, the client connected to port 5 will be placed in VLAN10, whereas the client connected to port 7 is placed in VLAN20.
1. Untag the necessary VLANs on the relevant switch-ports.
- Uncheck the TRUNK PORTS checkbox on port 5 and 7.
- Under port 5 and port 7, change the default VLAN1 from
- Under port 5, change VLAN10 from
- Under port 7, change VLAN20 from
NOTE: The management VLAN ID can be changed in the Settings tab.
2. Apply the changes by clicking on the APPLY button.
Deleting VLANs from the EdgeSwitch
If VLANs need to be removed from the switch, we can use the delete button.
WARNING: This action is irreversible!