Before beginning a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) process, please follow these three basic troubleshooting steps to ensure the device is truly defective.
Steps to Troubleshoot a Defective Device
- If the device does not power on and is still under warranty, please begin an RMA process by filling out this form: https://rma.ui.com/
- If device does power on, proceed to step 2.
2. Factory default the unit as described in the product's Quick Start Guide, or you can also find specific articles in the Troubleshooting section of each product category.
3. Access the user interface of the device.
3.1. Make sure the device is powered on and connected via a working ethernet cable to a computer.
3.2. Follow the configuration instructions found at the end of the product's Quick Start Guide to access the User Interface and proceed with setup. The Configuration section name can vary product to product, but it will usually be found after the Hardware Installation section and before the Specifications table.
4. If issues continue make sure to check if any cables are at fault: perform same steps with a different Ethernet cable, using another power supply or PoE port.