Readers will leader how to connect to an EdgeSwitch using a RJ45 serial console cable.
NOTES & REQUIREMENTS:
Supported Models & Serial Console Settings
The tables below list the EdgeSwitch models that are equipped with a RJ45 serial console port:
The default serial port settings are listed below:
- Baud rate: 115200
- Data bits: 8
- Parity: NONE
- Stop bits: 1
- Flow control: NONE
NOTE: Some of the earlier EdgeSwitch revisions did not include a console port.
Connect to Serial Console
In order to connect to the console you will need to use the following items/programs:
- RJ45 to DB9 serial console cable (rollover cable)
- USB to DB9 adapter
- Terminal emulation program, such as PuTTY
1. Open the terminal emulator and specify the serial COM line and the baud rate/speed.
2. Connect to the EdgeSwitch and login using your credentials.
| ____|__| | __ _ ___ (c) 2010-2018
| _| / _ |/ _ |/ _ \ Ubiquiti Networks, Inc.
| |__| (_| | (_| | __/
|_____\__._|\__. |\___| https://www.ubnt.com
Welcome to EdgeSwitch!
By logging in, accessing or using the Ubiquiti (UBNT) product, you
acknowledge that you have read and understood the Ubiquiti License
Agreement (available in the GUI and at https://www.ubnt.com/eula/)
and agree to be bound by its terms.
NOTE: The default username and password combination is ubnt/ubnt.
? to get a listing of all commands available.
- Intro to Networking - How to Establish a Connection Using SSH
- EdgeRouter - Connect to Serial Console