There are two ways to test UCRM:
- Public online demo: http://ucrm-demo.ubnt.com
- Demo Mode which can be switched on in your local installation during the initial setup wizard
This guide will help you understand the advantages of the local Demo Mode.
The Demo Mode allows you to try out the system without running the risk of sending out testing invoices or other data to your clients. You can also try the online payment gateways if you want. The Demo Mode can be activated only in the initial setup wizard which launches a kind of sandbox where you can set up the system and try out all its features. All the invoices, notifications, password-change requests, and the sorts will be sent to your email, not to your clients. When you are familiar with the system you can terminate the Demo Mode and choose what data you want to prune out and what data you want to keep.
Table of Contents
- Demo Mode Overview
- How to Use the Demo Mode
- Demo Mode Features
- Demo Mode Termination
- Related Articles
Demo Mode Overview
There are three main differences when in Demo Mode:
- All emails are sent to the super admin instead of its normal recipient.
- All payment gateways are switched to testing mode.
- All pages have a Demo Mode notification, which ensures you that no emails are sent to your clients.
How to Use the Demo Mode
This is the recommended step-by-step approach:
- Create your account in the set up wizard. In this step you will also provide the super admin’s email, which will be used for all notifications.
- Turn on the Demo Mode in the setup wizard.
- Try out UCRM: set up the system, service plans, clients. You can use your real-life data.
- When satisfied, you can terminate the Demo Mode. When doing so, choose how you want to handle the data previously inserted. You can delete all the testing data, keep it all, or pick what you delete and what you keep. This enables you to set real life data, test the app and then launch it into production mode. See the features below.
Demo Mode Features
The setup wizard now requires an email address for super admin user. If the Demo Mode is activated, the system will forcefully remove the current recipient of any email it sends. The super admin’s email will be used instead.
This allows you to test all the UCRM features, including creating and sending out invoices, creating new clients, sending out email invitations, etc. You can do all this with real data, but all the emails will be sent to you. This allows you to really test out the complete experience, and even see what your clients would be looking at.
In the organization edit form there are now two sets of fields for each payment gateway. While the system remains in Demo Mode, the testing API keys will be used. You can also setup the production (live) API keys but they will only be used once the Demo Mode is terminated.
Demo Mode Termination
When you're ready to use UCRM in live production mode you will have to terminate the Demo Mode, which you can do in the Demo Mode page (click on Demo Mode in the left-hand side menu).
While you were testing UCRM, you created entities which you may want to use in the production mode, such as the system settings, organization and clients, service plans, etc. On the other hand, you may want to delete all the test invoices, payments and other “operational data”.
Therefore, when terminating the Demo Mode you can choose from these 3 options:
1. Delete operational data. This option will delete all operational data, such as:
- Payments, Refunds, Credits, Fees
- All system and email logs
- It also resets clients’ account balance and credit back to 0.
All other data, such as clients, service plans, organization and all the system settings will be left intact.
2. Factory reset. This option deletes the database completely and you will be redirected to the initial setup wizard again. Note that all the data provided to UCRM will be erased (all your clients data, organization, system settings, etc.)
3. Do nothing. The system will just go to production mode without deleting any data. Eg. all the clients invoices, payments, credits, etc. will be left intact, visible and active.