Readers will learn how to configure Busy Lamp Field on the UVP.
Table of Contents
- PBX that supports BLF
- UVP with version 5.0.3 or greater
BLF Configuration on the UVP
- Enable option Show BLF in the Settings -> UI, then navigate back to the main dialer.
- Navigate to the BLF tab(last tab on the right) on the Main Menu
- Tap the Add New Button
- Tap the Add people Button
- Select the contact you would like to add to the BLF interface, then tap the checkmark in the top right corner to proceed.
- Under the Number section, tap on Not specified.
- A list of numbers for this contact should appear. Select the extension or number you would like the BLF interface to provide presence or dial when tapped.
- Tap the checkmark in the top right corner to save the BLF buddy.
- Repeat steps 4-8 to add multiple BLF buddies.
- Tap the checkmark in the top right corner to save the BLF list, and navigate back to the main BLF interface.
Understanding BLF and BLF States
If UVP A wants to be informed of state or event changes for UVP B, then it sends a SUBSCRIBE request to the SIP Server, so that UVP A is aware of the event or state UVP B. If UVP A SUBSCRIBE request to the SIP Server acknowledges with response 200, then UVP A will receive a NOTIFY request from the SIP Server if UVP B's event or state changes. To read more about BLF check out RFC3265.
UVP Available State(Blue) - Extension 101 and 102 are available.
UVP Ringing State(Yellow) - Extension 102 is dialing 101, but call 101 has not yet answered the call.
UVP Call In Progress/On call State(Red) - Both 101 and 102 are currently on a call in progress.