Readers will learn how to configure a SIP account using the PBX appliance Switchvox, and configure the required settings on the UVP or VoIP Controller.
NOTES & REQUIREMENTS:
Switchvox Configuration Steps
1. Login to your Switchvox appliance via the web interface.
2. Hover over Setup. Click Manage under the Extensions submenu.
4. Click Create Extension
5. Select Extension Type: SIP Phone or SIP Adapter(ATA).
6. Select Extension Template: Default
7. Input the following required fields: Extension(SIP Username), First Name, Last Name, and Email Address.
8. Input a Numeric Password for voicemail and web access.
9. Scroll back up and click on the Phone Settings tab.
10. Click the Common Settings tab.
11. Enter a Phone Password (SIP Password) you wish to use to register the UVP with the Switchvox PBX. Then click Save SIP Extension.
You have now setup an extension successfully on Switchvox!
|SIP Server||Switchvox PBX IP or FQDN|
|SIP Username||Extension Number Assigned in Switchvox|
|SIP Password||Switchvox -> Phone -> Common Settings -> Phone Password|
Extension Number Assigned in Switchvox(may not be required in some versions of Switchvox)
You should now be able to use the following guides to configure your UVP with the extension created with the guides in the Related Articles: