Readers will learn how to configure a SIP account using the PBX appliance Switchvox, and configure the required settings on the UVP or VoIP Controller.
Table of Contents
- Switchvox Configuration Steps
- Create Extension
- Select Extension Type
- Select Extension Template
- Input Personal Information
- Input Password
- Go to Phone Settings
- Go to Common Settings
- Input Information
- Related Articles
Switchvox Configuration Steps
1. Login to your Switchvox appliance via the web interface.
2. Hover over Setup.
3. Click Manage under the Extensions submenu.
4. Click Create Extension
5. Select Extension Type - SIP Phone or SIP Adapter(ATA).
6. Select Extension Template - Default
7. Input the following required fields: Extension(SIP Username), First Name, Last Name, and Email Address.
8. Input a Numeric Password for voicemail and web access.
9. Scroll back up and click Phone Settings
10. Click the tab Common Settings
11. Enter a Phone Password(SIP Password) you wish to use to register the UVP with the Switchvox PBX. Then click Save SIP Extension.
You have now setup an extension successfully on Switchvox!
|SIP Server||Switchvox PBX IP or FQDN|
|SIP Username||Extension Number Assigned in Switchvox|
|SIP Password||Switchvox -> Phone -> Common Settings -> Phone Password|
Extension Number Assigned in Switchvox(may not be required in some versions of Switchvox)
- How to Configure an Extension with the VoIP Controller
- How to Configure an Extension manually to the UVP