This article explains the steps to resolve an issue that occurs on some models of Apple computers where the client shows a gray transparent screen on startup.
Table of Contents
On certain Apple computers running airControl Client, the client application will look like the image below due to an openGL bug which draws textures by offsetting or not offsetting coordinates.
To resolve this graphical issue please follow the steps below.
Steps: How to Fix Graphic Issue
1. Locate airControl2 folder. The default installed location is:
2. Open Finder
3. Click Go from the ToolBar, then Go to Folder.
4. Copy /Applications/airControl2 into the text bar and click Go.
5. Open airControl2Client.vmoptions using the TextEdit Application.
6. Duplicate airControl2Client.vmoptions. When attempting to edit the text it will ask you to duplicate the file due to permissions. Choose to duplicate the file.
7. To resolve the issue we need to add this line to airControl2Client.vmoptions:
8. Save Edited File. Click File > Save and save this edited file in a new location.
9. Move edited file to /Applications/airControl2. For example, if you save this new file to Documents, you would then drag and drop it into /Applications/airControl2. This can be located again using Step 1.
10. Rename original, current airControl2Client.vmoptions to airControl2Client.vmoptions.backup
11. Rename new, edited file to airControl2Client.vmoptions.
12. Graphics should appear correctly once the application is restarted.