This article describes how to access the emergency recovery user interface (UI) and recover a UniFi Cloud Key. From this recovery UI you can reset it to factory defaults, reboot it, power it off and upgrade the firmware. To upgrade the firmware you will need to download a firmware binary for the Cloud Key, found in our Downloads page.
To access this interface you need to have the IP address of your Cloud Key.
Table of Contents
Cloud Key Gen 1 Emergency Recovery
For first generation Cloud Keys follow these steps to access the Emergency Recovery UI:
- Power off the system.
- Press and hold the reset button and then power on the Cloud Key by connecting it to the power source.
- Keep the reset button pressed for about 10 seconds, or until you see the recovery LED pattern in a loop (blue - off - white).
- Once the LED is flashing in the recovery mode pattern, open your browser and type the IP address for the Cloud Key. The IP address comes from your DHCP server, if you can't access DHCP, the fallback IP will work: 192.168.1.30.
- You should be taken to the Recovery Mode screen. From here you can reset, reboot, power off and most importantly you can upload an updated firmware bin file. Once it is uploaded you will have to reboot the Cloud Key to complete the firmware upgrade.
- The LED will flash white while upgrading and then a steady white when it is ready.