This article outlines the steps necessary to setup a UVC-Micro fresh out of the box. In this particular article, we’re going to start with firmware has the new UI of 3.2 and higher. In 3.2, the user interface is revamped. There is another article HERE that outlines a UVC-Micro setup with the old firmware.
When you first plug in a UVC-Micro, it emits its own open SSID that you can connect to. It’s important to note that you can do this with an Windows, Linux, or OSX based computer with WiFi.
Table of Contents
Steps to Follow
- Connect to the Open SSID
- Browse to IP
- Step through the Wizard
- Fill in Information
- Enter Security Key
- Manage the UVC-Micro
- Use Chrome Discovery Extension to Find the UVC-Micro (alternative)
- Related Articles
Steps to Follow
1. Connect to the open SSID
2. Open Google Chrome and browse to http://192.168.1.20
3. Login with the default credentials of UBNT for both the username and password (ubnt for both).
4. Step through the Wizard.
5. At Step #3 of the wizard, fill in the information appropriately.
6. Select the SSID you want the Micro to associate to, then enter the Security Key. Click Continue.
If your UniFi-Video installation is on the same network, it should automatically see your new UVC-Micro as a manageable device.
7. Click on the UVC-Micro within UniFi-Video and manage it. If prompted, the credentials at this point should still be "ubnt" for both the username and password.
8. Alternatively, you can find the UVC-Micro using the Chrome Discovery Extension.
- UniFi Video - How to Install UFV version 3.x+ on a Legacy airVision NVR
- UniFi Video - How to adopt a remote camera that does not display in the NVR
- UniFi Video - How to Associate the UVC-Micro using WiFi