This article has been archived. And will not be updated further.
This article is specific to our older UVC-Micro model, but you can find detailed initial setup instructions for all our cameras in the UniFi Video User Guide, starting on chapter 1. As with all our products, it is recommended to start installation with the device's specific Quick Start Guide (included in the box) and User Guide, which you can find in our Downloads page.
This article outlines the steps necessary to setup a UVC-Micro fresh out of the box.
Table of Contents
This article outlines the steps necessary to setup a UVC-Micro fresh out of the box. In this particular article, we’re using firmware 3.2 and higher. In 3.2, the user interface is revamped. There is another article HERE that outlines a UVC-Micro setup with the old firmware.
Steps: How to Set Up a UVC-Micro
1.When you first plug in a UVC-Micro, it emits its own open SSID that you can connect to. Connect to that open SSID.
2. Open Google Chrome and browse to http://192.168.1.20
3. Login with the default credentials of UBNT (ubnt/ubnt or root/ubnt).
4. Step through the Wizard.
5. In the Network step select the SSID you want the UVC-Micro to associate to, then enter the Security Key (password). Click Continue. If your UniFi-Video installation is on the same network, it should automatically see your new UVC-Micro as a manageable device.
6. Click on the UVC-Micro within UniFi-Video and manage it. If prompted, the credentials at this point should still be ubnt/ubnt or root/ubnt for both the username and password.
7. Alternatively, you can find the UVC-Micro using the Chrome Discovery Extension.