This article outlines the steps necessary to setup a UVC-Micro fresh out of the box. In this particular article, we’re using firmware 3.2 and higher. In 3.2, the user interface is revamped. There is another article HERE that outlines a UVC-Micro setup with the old firmware.
Table of Contents
Steps: How to Set Up a UVC-Micro
1.When you first plug in a UVC-Micro, it emits its own open SSID that you can connect to. Connect to that open SSID.
2. Open Google Chrome and browse to http://192.168.1.20
3. Login with the default credentials of UBNT (ubnt/ubnt or root/ubnt).
4. Step through the Wizard.
5. In the Network step select the SSID you want the UVC-Micro to associate to, then enter the Security Key (password). Click Continue. If your UniFi-Video installation is on the same network, it should automatically see your new UVC-Micro as a manageable device.
6. Click on the UVC-Micro within UniFi-Video and manage it. If prompted, the credentials at this point should still be ubnt/ubnt or root/ubnt for both the username and password.
7. Alternatively, you can find the UVC-Micro using the Chrome Discovery Extension.