In this article users will learn how to install airControl on Ubuntu Server. It is recommended to use the most recent x64 LTS (Long Term Support) release of Ubuntu.
NOTES & REQUIREMENTS:
In this article you will see mention of: aircontrol-latest-unix64.bin. Substitute this version with the latest version available to complete the install correctly. See our airControl Community forum for the latest releases.
Table of Contents
How to Install airControl on Ubuntu Server
1. Navigate to the airControl section: after logging into your UBNT account, please navigate to the airControl section of our Community. You can find the most recent airControl release at the top.
2. Log into your Ubuntu Server via SSH or open a Terminal.
3. Install the following dependencies:
sudo apt-get install default-jdk iperf
4. Download the most recent x64 release of airControl using wget.
5. Give the downloaded file execute permission.
chmod u+x aircontrol-latest-unix64.bin
6. Run airControl install using sudo.
7. Follow the on-screen prompts. You'll be asked to pick an administrator username and password, along with the install location and port. You can hit enter to accept the defaults. You'll also be asked to install and set a password for Postgres DB. Make sure to note this password for future recovery/backup/migrations.