sunMAX residential is a grid-tied solar solution that allows customers to offset their energy consumption, while sending excess/surplus energy to the utility grid when production is greater than consumption.
- Each "branch" consists of up to 15 "modules" (panel + microinverter) connected using AC Trunk Cabling.
- Each "branch" receives an End-Run Assembly to transition the AC Trunk Cabling to 'home wiring.
- The wiring passes through outdoor/indoor conduit until it reaches the Main AC Panel (or Sub Panel).
- The AC Panel should have 1) current capacity (busbar rating), and, 2) breaker space to support a 20A Circuit Breaker for each of the voltage-carrying conductors.
- For example, in the United States, where 3-wire systems feature 2x 120V wires, you'll need 2x 20 breakers.
- The Main Panel then connects back to the Utility Grid via a Bi-Directional Meter (ex. Net Meter).