Readers will learn how to register the location of 3.65GHz Ubiquiti radios using the FCC's ULS (Universal Licensing System).
Note: All Ubiquiti M365 devices must be registered no matter the configuration; both APs and CPEs must be registered.
1) Logging into ULS
The first step to registering a 3.65GHz location is logging into ULS. ULS is the FCC's online system for creating and managing wireless license applications. ULS can be found at the following URL: http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls
2) Registering a New Location
Once logged in to ULS, a Work on this License menu will be displayed. To register a new 3.65GHz location, click the Register Locations link at the bottom of the menu.
The Locations page will appear, showing all currently registered locations, and providing the option to register new locations. To register a new location, click the Add New Location link, directly under the Call Sign and Radio Service.
3) Application Information
In most cases, Location Registrations with Ubiquiti equipment will not require either of these, so you can select No for both options and continue.
4) Location Data
If this location is near a grandfathered Earth satellite station, or installing equipment at this location may have an adverse environmental effect, you must list this information here.
For more information on grandfathered Earth satellite stations, and to determine if you are located near one, see this published document:http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/prod/ib/forms/help/GrandF
5) Site Data
This section requests site-specific information regarding the installation of the equipment.
- FCC ASR Number - The FCC Antenna Structure Registration number. If this structure (tower/building/etc) is already registered with the FCC, enter the ASR number here for quick retrieval of the structure information.
- Site Name - Name you want this site to be known as
- Transmitter Latitude - The transmitter latitude in minutes-seconds format
- Transmitter Longitude - The transmitter longitude in minutes-seconds format
- City - The city the site is located in
- County/Borough/Parish - The County/Borough/Parish the site is located in
- State - The State the site is located in
- Elevation of the Site AMSL - The elevation of the site (Above Mean Sea Level). Be sure to convert feet to meters and round to the nearest tenth. Refer to letter 'a' of the antenna structure examples below
- Overall Height AGL Without Appurtenances - The height (Above Ground Level) to the highest point of the supporting structure only (without appurtenances). Be sure to convert feet to meters and round to the nearest tenth. If your antenna structure consists of a building/tower combination, include any elevator shaft, flagpole, or penthouse in the overall structure height, but not the antenna, tower, pole or mast. If your antenna structure is a tower only, include the height of the tower but not the antenna.
- Overall Height AGL With Appurtenances - The overall height (Above Ground Level) of the entire antenna structure to the highest point, including any appurtenances. You must include antennas, dishes, and obstruction lighting. Refer to letter 'c' of the antenna structure examples below.
(Antenna Structure Examples)
- Support Structure Type - The type of structure on which the transmitter & antenna will be located
6) Antenna Data
In the Transmitter Antenna Data section, put the specific information for the antenna you will be using. For each specific product, use the following values:
|Rocket M365 w/ 120deg Sector||Ubiquiti||AMS 3G-120-18||
|120 degrees||S - Dual Polarity|
|Rocket M365 w/ 26dBi Dish||Ubiquiti||RD-3G-26||26dBi||7 degrees||S - Dual Polarity|
|Rocket M365 w/ 12dBi Omni||Ubiquiti||AMO-3G12||12dBi||360 degrees||S - Dual Polarity|
|NanoStation M365||Ubiquiti||Integrated Antenna||13dBi||60 degrees||S - Dual Polarity|
|NanoBridge M365||Ubiquiti||Integrated Antenna||22dBi||14 degrees||S - Dual Polarity|
|PowerBridge M365||Ubiquiti||Integrated Antenna||20dBi||13.5 degrees||S - Dual Polarity|
|AF-3X w/ 26dBi Dish||Ubiquiti||AF-3G26-S45||26dBi||7 deg||D- Dual Polarity (Slant 45)|
- Center Line - The center line is the height (AGL) of the center of the antenna
- Azimuth - Enter the azimuth of the transmit antenna in degrees (rounded to one decimal place) clockwise from True North.
- Elevation Angle - The angle of elevation of the antenna
- Polarization - All M365 Antennas are dual polarized, which requires the options S
7) Transmitter Data
The transmitter data information contains device specific information, and some values may differ based on the Ubiquiti product being used. To determine the correct values, use the following information.
- FCC ID:
- AirFiber 3X: SWX-AF3X
- Rocket M365: SWX-M365
- NanoStation M365: SWX-M365N
- NanoBridge M365: SWX-M365N
- PowerBridge M365: SWX-M365P
- Lower/Center Frequency: 3650
- Upper Frequency: 3675 (AF-3X : 3700)
- EIRP: 42
- Emission Designator:
- AirFiber 3X: 3M50X7D(3.5MHz), 5M00X7D(5MHz), 7M00X7D(7MHz), 10M0X7D(10MHz), 14M0X7D(14MHz) all the way up to 40M0X7D(40MHz)
- Rocket M365: 17M8D7D
- NanoStation M365: 16M8D7D
- NanoBridge M365: 16M8D7D
- PowerBridge M365: 16M8D7D
- Modulation Scheme: AF3X (QPSK, QAM16, QAM64, QAM256, QAM1024), BPSK, QPSK, QAM16, QAM64
- Restricted/Unrestricted: Restricted
- Transmission Protocol: Select Other
- Description: airMax - Dynamic TDMA protocol implemented with a proprietary polling mechanism in which the BaseStation controls when each client transmits & receives.
Before submitting the application, verify all entered information is correct. Any incorrect information may delay the approval indefinitely!
Once verified, enter your name and title to verify all information has been entered correctly to the best of your knowledge.
If all information is entered correctly, approval should be granted within 1 week. If approvals are taking longer, or you are experiencing other issues, please contact us at email@example.com.