Readers will learn how to access and manage the ES-16XP.
NOTES & REQUIREMENTS:
Applicable to the latest EdgeSwitch-XP firmware on the following models:
Device used in this article:
Managing the ES-16XP
The ES-16XP is essentially two ES-8XP units mounted in the same rack-mount. Each device must be managed individually and an Ethernet interconnection is needed to provide reachability between the switches.
1. Connect and power on the two ES-XP switches.
2. Disconnect any Ethernet cable interconnecting the two switches.
3. Configure your computer with an IP address within the
4. Connect to the management port of the second switch and access the web UI by navigating to https://192.168.1.20
5. Navigate to the Device tab.
6. Change the management IP address of the second switch to another value (for example
7. Apply the changes by clicking on the Save Changes button.
8. Connect an Ethernet cable from any switch-port on the second switch to any switch-port on first switch.
9. Re-connect your computer to a switch-port on either of the two switches.
10. You should now be able to manage both switches using the default
192.168.1.20 address for the first switch and the changed
192.168.1.21 address for the second switch.