Readers will learn how to transfer files to the EdgeRouter using the Secure Copy Protocol (SCP).
NOTES & REQUIREMENTS:
Applicable to the latest EdgeOS firmware on all EdgeRouter models. Please see the Related Articles below for more information.
Device used in this article:
Connecting via SCP
Steps for macOS or Linux
1. Access the terminal on the macOS or Linux client.
2. Verify that the file you are intending to transfer is present in the current directory.
2. Copy the file to the EdgeRouter using SCP.
scp firmware.tar firstname.lastname@example.org:/home/ubnt/firmware.tar
NOTE: In this example a file called firmware.tar is transferred to the ubnt user home folder. Please see this article on how to install firmware that was transferred via SCP.
Steps for Windows
1. Download and install the WinSCP program.
2. Add a new site and enter in the remote IP address and user credentials.
2. Navigate to the intended directories and transfer the files.