Readers will learn how to configure a SIP account in FusionPBX, and configure SIP settings in the UVP.
Table of Contents
In order to configure your FusionPBX installation for extensions on Ubiquiti UVP phones, follow these simple steps:
1. Log in into the administration portal via the IP address of the machine that is running FusionPBX.
2. Select the Account tab at the top left and then from the drop-down menu click Extensions.
3. You will now be viewing the Extensions configuration page where you can add, edit or delete extensions.
4. Press on the + button on the right side of the screen to add a new extension. You will be required to fill in the following fields in order to create a new extension:
- Extension: Number to dial to reach this user
- Password: Password configured for the device's extension. It's automatically created, but you can change it.
- Effective Caller ID Name: The Caller ID name for outgoing calls from this extension; only enter the name, NOT the number
- Effective Caller ID Number: The Caller ID number for outgoing calls from this extension; only enter the number, NOT the name.
- Voicemail Password: This is the password used to access the voicemail system. This password can only contain numbers. A user can change the password you enter here after logging into the voicemail system (*98 by default) with a phone.
- Toll Allow: Enter the toll allow value here. (e.g. domestic; international; local)
5. Once the configuration is finished, click on the Save button and once the page is refreshed you will see a notice saying Update completed on the top center of the page.
6. By default, the codec priority is PCMU, PCMA, GSM. If you want to change this priority or add a new codec, select Advanced from the right side of the menu bar and then click on SIP Profiles on the drop-down menu.
7. There select the profile where you want to change the codec priority (or add/delete a codec). In this example, we're updating the internal profile.
8. Inside the profile settings select the inbound (inbound-codec-prefs) or outbound (outbound-codec-prefs) codec preferences you want to change.
9. Finally, complete the Value field with the codecs of your preference in order of precedence, separated by commas. When you're done, click Save.
If you have not already followed the Initial Configuration steps in the Standalone UniFi VoIP Phone Configuration Guide, please do so now. If you have any questions about the following settings or what they mean, that article's SIP Configuration section will be helpful. Follow these simple steps to configure the UVP. The fields that you need to fill in here are:
- Server: IP or hostname of your FusionPBX.
- User name: Set it to the value you used in the Extension field in the Extensions configuration page.
- Password: Set it to the value of the Password field in the Extensions configuration page in FusionPBX.
- Voicemail number: *98