Readers will learn how to configure a SIP account in Elastix, and configure SIP settings in the UVP.
Table of Contents
1. In order to configure your Elastix installation for extensions on Ubiquiti UVP phones, first log in into the Elastix administration portal.
2. Select the PBX tab and click on PBX Configuration.
3. From the Device dropdown menu choose Generic SIP Device for the UVP.
4. Fill in the following fields in the Add Extension section of the form:
Extension number to dial to reach this user
The Caller ID name for outgoing calls from this extension; only enter the name, NOT the number
5. In the Device Option section you should enter the data for these fields:
Password (secret) configured for the device's extension. It should be alphanumeric with at least 2 letters and numbers to make it secure.
List of disabled codecs. Set this to All to remove all codecs defined in the general settings.
List of enabled codecs. Set the value to a list of codecs separated by the '&' character, in order of precedence. For the UVP set this field to ulaw&alaw&g722.
6. In the Voicemail section set the following fields:
Set it to Enabled.
This is the password used to access the voicemail system. This password can only contain numbers. A user can change the password you enter here after logging into the voicemail system (*98) with a phone.
7. Once the configuration is finished click on the Submit button, and on the following page select Apply Config.
If you have not already followed the Initial Configuration steps in this article Standalone UniFi VoIP Phone Configuration Guide please complete those before continuing. If you have any questions about the following settings or what they mean please refer to the article above in the SIP Configuration section.
The fields that must be filled here are the following:
IP or hostname of your Elastix PBX
Set it to the value you used in the User Extension field in the Add Extension section
Set it to the value of the Secret Password field in the Device Option section