The reader will learn the troubleshooting steps when adopting a UVP to the controller prior to UVP version 18.104.22.1685 and 4.6.6 controller version.
- UniFi Switch or PoE (802.3af-compliant) switch
- UniFi Controller
- UniFi Security Gateway
Reasons for not detecting the UVP by the controller:
1) Installation Requirements Not Met.
2) Make sure you have the latest controller and read the known limitations by going to the blog post here:http://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Updates-Bl
3) 3rd party PBX (No USG)
UVP must be used with USG unless you setup a third party router to map unifi to the controller IP address and being able to resolve unifi = controller ip.
4) There are some known interop with POE bricks(mainly 10/100Mbps). They can not update, unless they can power up or communicate with controller. So they can use a UAP pro or AC brick to power the UVP or ES or USW.
5) There is a tool called Ping&DNS, that you can download and install on the UVP. to test the following
- a> Ping unifi, ideally you will see the controller IP show up with it, and if it pings, skip b.
- b> Ping the IP Address of the controller.
- c> Ping your gateway IP Address.
Both ideally should be pingable, you might need to turn off firewall. See if this works for you first from the UVP point of view.
6) Make sure the VOIP port is enabled in controller's Setting->VOIP tab.
7) Worst case, wait 5min to make sure UVP does not show up.
If you do all the above, and still have the issue, then please post a thread on the UniFi VoIp forum for us to try to debug the issue. Please include simple diagram of your setup and controller version you are using.