The reader will learn the troubleshooting steps when adopting a UVP to the controller prior to UVP version 126.96.36.1995 and 4.6.6 controller version.
- UniFi Switch or PoE (802.3af-compliant) switch
- UniFi Controller
- UniFi Security Gateway
Reasons for not detecting the UVP by the controller:
1) Installation Requirements Not Met.
2) Make sure you have the latest controller and UVP Firmware.
3) 3rd party PBX (No USG)
Our UVP Line of products can be used with USG unless you setup a third party router to map unifi to the controller IP address and being able to resolve the name unifi to the controller IP Address.
4) there are some known issues with third-party PoE injectors that do not supply enough of power to the UVP Device, which can cause the device to not power up properly or cause the unit to function incorrectly and or cause issues with the touchscreen.
There are some known interop with POE bricks(mainly 10/100Mbps). They can not update, unless they can power up or communicate with controller. So they can use a UAP pro or AC brick to power the UVP or ES or USW.
5) There is a tool called Ping&DNS, that you can download and install on the UVP. to test the following
- a> Ping unifi, ideally, you will see the controller IP show up with it, and if it pings, skip b.
- b> Ping the IP Address of the controller.
- c> Ping your gateway IP Address.
Both ideally should be pingable, you might need to turn off the firewall. See if this works for you first from the UVP point of view.
7) Wait 5min to make sure UVP does show up, if not please post a thread on the UniFi VoIp forum for us to try to debug the issue. Please include a simple diagram of your setup and controller version you are using.