Readers will learn how to configure a SIP account in FreeSWITCH, and configure SIP settings in the UVP.
Table of Contents
- Steps: Creating an Extension for the UVP on FreeSWITCH
- Steps: Configuring the UVP with SIP Settings
- Related Articles
Steps: Creating an Extension for the UVP on FreeSWITCH
The files containing the extensions in FreeSWITCH are normally in the
1. To add extension 100 to FreeSWITCH you must create a file named 100.xml with the following contents:
<include> <user id=“100"> <params> <param name="password" value=“password"/> <param name="vm-enabled" value="false”/> </params> <variables> <variable name="user_context" value="default"/> <variable name="effective_caller_id_name" value=“Your Name"/> <variable name="effective_caller_id_number" value=“100"/> </variables> </user> </include>
2. Edit the FreeSWITCH dial plan in order to call this extension. That can usually be found in the
/etc/freeswitch/dialplan/default.xml file. Add the following contents:
<extension name="100"> <condition field="destination_number" expression="^100$"> <action application="bridge" data=“user/100"/> </condition> </extension>
3. Once you have completed these steps and configured your UVP you will be ready to make and receive calls with it.
Steps: Configuring the UVP with SIP Settings
1. If you have not already followed the Initial Configuration steps in the Standalone UniFi VoIP Phone Configuration Guide, please do so now. If you have any questions about the following settings or what they mean, that article's SIP Configuration section will be helpful.
2. Enter the SIP settings that you configured in FreeSWITCH above.
- Server: Server IP(or hostname) for FreeSWITCH server
- User name: SIP Username
- Password: SIP Password
3. Navigate back to the UVP App home screen. It should be connected and allow you to call if your FreeSWITCH server is set up for outbound calls(SIP, IAX, PRI, etc).