In the event you need to perform a reset or a recovery, the camera can be restored by following the steps below to perform a TFTP firmware recovery:
- Locate the correct firmware file on disk.
- Unplug the PoE cable from the camera.
- Configure the computer to use a static IP/netmask on 192.168.1.254/255.255.255.0 subnet.
- Start a ping to 192.168.1.20.
- Press and hold the Reset button, then power on the camera.
- Wait at least 10 seconds (until both LEDs flash once) or until a ping response from 192.168.1.20 resumes.
- Release the Reset button to keep this unit in TFTP mode.
- Upload the firmware file using the tftp command.
tftp 192.168.1.20; bin; put *.bin
- You may need to change this command based on the current OS used to send this file to the camera and also for current name of the firmware bin file downloaded previously. You may use any type of TFTP program in addition to this command-line example.