Readers will leader how to connect to EdgeRouter using a console-ready* computer.
The default serial port settings for EdgeRouter are listed below.
- Baud rate: 115200
- Data bits: 8
- Parity: NONE
- Stop bits: 1
- Flow control: NONE
Instructions may vary slightly, depending on your specific terminal emulator:
- Open the terminal emulator on your computer and configure it with the default serial port settings listed in the Overview.
- Select Serial as the connection type.
- Click Open to connect to the EdgeRouter.
- At the ubnt login prompt, enter the username (the default is ubnt).
- At the Password prompt, enter the password (the default is ubnt).
- For help with commands, you can either press the ? key or enter show and press the ? key.
* - Use a RJ45 to DB9, serial console cable (a.k.a. Cisco console cable or rollover cable) to connect the Console port of the EdgeRouter to your computer. If your computer does not have a DB9 port, then you will also need a DB9 adapter (USB is common).