Was this useful? Help us identify your favorite articles by clicking on the thumbs up at the bottom of the page. And if you think this article is not useful, please let us know why by clicking on the feedback link below!
In this article, we'll discuss resetting the UniFi Access Point (UAP) to factory defaults. We'll discuss options to reset the unit via software, SSH, and physical reset.
|Note: Regardless of the method used, do not disconnect the device during resetting process.|
Table of Contents
UniFi Controller Reset
If the UAP is adopted under the UniFi Software Controller, it can be reset from the controller. Do so by "Forgetting" the device.
- In the Devices page, click on the UAP you wish to reset. This will open the Properties panel.
- Select the Configuration tab, and click Manage Device to expand.
- Click the Forget button. This will erase all configuration and history for that device, effectively resetting it.
Via SSH, users can apply syswrapper.sh restore-default. The UAP should quickly reboot with factory default settings.
Located on the back of the UAP is a small hole whereby a user can use a paperclip to depress the button and reset the UAP back to its factory default settings.
- Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
- Release the button (the LEDs on the UAP will stop glowing).
- Do not disconnect the UAP from its POE injector during the reboot process.
- The UAP will restore factory settings.
Once the white LED (or amber LED, depending on your model) re-appears and remains steady, you can commence with UAP adoption.