This article describes different methods of resetting a UniFi Access Point (UAP) to factory defaults. We'll discuss options to reset the unit via the UniFi Network Controller software, SSH, and physical reset. This article applies to all models and versions of UniFi Access Points, the location of the reset button in each different model may vary. Reference the specific Quick Start Guide of each product to locate it (downloadable in our Downloads page).
ATTENTION: Regardless of the method used, do not disconnect the device during the reset process.
Table of Contents
- UniFi Network Controller Reset
- SSH Reset
- Physical Reset
- Troubleshooting: UAP not Resetting
- Related Articles
UniFi Network Controller Reset
If the UAP has been adopted by the UniFi Network Controller, it can be reset from the controller. Do so by "Forgetting" the device.
- Log in to the UniFi Network Controller. In the Devices page, click on the UAP you wish to reset. This will open the Properties panel.
- Select the Configuration tab, and click Manage Device to expand.
- Click the Forget button. This will erase all configuration and history for that device, effectively resetting it.
Access the UAP via SSH, and once in, issue the command
syswrapper.sh restore-default and hit enter. The UAP should quickly reboot with factory default settings. Remember to not disconnect the UAP from its power source during this process. See Related Articles below if you need guidance on how to SSH into a device.
On the back of the UAP there is a small hole whereby a user can use a paperclip to depress the button within and reset the UAP back to its factory default settings.
- Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds while AP is connected.
- Release the button (the LEDs on the UAP will stop glowing).
- Do not disconnect the UAP from its power source during the reboot process.
- The UAP will restore factory settings.
Once the white LED (or amber LED, depending on your model) re-appears and remains steady, you can commence with UAP adoption once more.
NOTE: The location of the reset button might vary on different UAP models, find your device's in the Quick Start Guide. You can download the current Quick Start Guide in the Downloads page using the left hand menu to find the correct product and scrolling down to the Documentation section.
Troubleshooting: UAP not Resetting
If despite numerous tries to reset the UAP, the device appears not to be resetting and boots back up to a blue LED, it could be because of one of the following reasons:
1. The UAP is connecting back to the Controller because it wasn't forgotten (see the Reset via Controller method) and is retrieving its old configuration and re-adopting after a successful reset.
2. The reset button was not held down correctly for long enough. The button should be held down for about 5 seconds. If this was done correctly, the LED will turn white (some users report it can look white with a light blue hue) and remain steady for about 8 seconds before turning off for about two seconds and beginning the reboot sequence (see the Related Articles below for LED pattern meaning). If the UAP does follow this process, but after reboot the LED turns blue again, it is indicative of what is mentioned in point 1.
3. If it is still not working, make sure to try all the other methods described in the article and swapping out cables and PoE injectors to eliminate any issues related to power or connectivity during the reset process.