This article describes different methods of resetting a UniFi Access Point (UAP) to factory defaults. We'll discuss options to reset the unit via the UniFi Controller software, SSH, and physical reset. This article applies to all models and versions of UniFi Access Points, the location of the reset button in each different model may vary. Reference the specific Quick Start Guide of each product to locate it.
ATTENTION: Regardless of the method used, do not disconnect the device during the reset process.
Table of Contents
UniFi Controller Reset
If the UAP has been adopted by the UniFi Controller, it can be reset from the controller. Do so by "Forgetting" the device.
- Log in to the UniFi Controller. In the Devices page, click on the UAP you wish to reset. This will open the Properties panel.
- Select the Configuration tab, and click Manage Device to expand.
- Click the Forget button. This will erase all configuration and history for that device, effectively resetting it.
Access the UAP via SSH, and once in, issue the commands
syswrapper.sh restore-default and hit enter. The UAP should quickly reboot with factory default settings. Remember to not disconnect UAP from power source during this process. See Related Articles below if you need guidance on how to SSH into a device.
On the back of the UAP there is a small hole whereby a user can use a paperclip to depress a button and reset the UAP back to its factory default settings.
- Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
- Release the button (the LEDs on the UAP will stop glowing).
- Do not disconnect the UAP from its power source during the reboot process.
- The UAP will restore factory settings.
Once the white LED (or amber LED, depending on your model) re-appears and remains steady, you can commence with UAP adoption once more.
NOTE: The location of the reset button might vary on different UAP models, find your device's in the Quick Start Guide. You can download the current Quick Start Guide in https://www.ubnt.com/download/unifi/ using the left hand menu to find the correct product and scrolling down to the Documentation section.