In this article, we'll discuss resetting the UniFi Access Point (UAP) to factory defaults. We'll discuss options to reset the unit via software, SSH, and physical reset.
|Note: Regardless of the method used, do not disconnect the device during resetting process.|
Table of Contents
UniFi Controller Reset
If the UAP is adopted under the UniFi Software Controller, it can be reset from the controller. Do so by "Forgetting" the device.
- In the Devices page, click on the UAP you wish to reset. This will open the Properties panel.
- Select the Configuration tab, and click Manage Device to expand.
- Click the Forget button. This will erase all configuration and history for that device, effectively resetting it.
Via SSH, users can apply syswrapper.sh restore-default. The UAP should quickly reboot with factory default settings.
Located on the back of the UAP is a small hole whereby a user can use a paperclip to depress the button and reset the UAP back to its factory default settings.
- Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
- Release the button (the LEDs on the UAP will stop glowing).
- Do not disconnect the UAP from its POE injector during the reboot process.
- The UAP will restore factory settings.
Once the white LED (or amber LED, depending on your model) re-appears and remains steady, you can commence with UAP adoption.