This short article will help a user find a remote camera that is not appearing in the Network Video Recorder (NVR). The NVR web interface shows all cameras, managed and unmanaged, on the same network as the NVR. If a camera is remote and does not display in the NVR interface, do the following:
Steps to adopt remote camera
- Navigate to the camera's web interface by entering its IP address in the browser.
- The default username and password is ubnt/ubnt. (If unsuccessful try root/ubnt)
- Enter the IP address of the NVR in the UniFi Video server field.
5. Click Save Changes.
6. Return to the NVR web interface by entering the NVR's IP address in the browser.
7. On the Cameras view, enable the Unmanaged filter and locate the camera.