Readers will learn how to configure a SIP account within 3CX, and configure SIP settings on the UniFi UVP Phone.
Table of Contents
In order to configure your 3CX installation for extensions on UniFi UVP phones, follow these steps below:
1. Login into your 3CX system.
2. In the left Menu select Extensions.
2. Then Click Add from the menu bar up top to create a new extension.
3. Fill in the following fields in the User information section of the General tab:
- Extension number: Extension number to dial to reach this user that is being created.
- First Name: This becomes part of the Caller ID and is displayed in the extension status.
- Last Name: This becomes part of the Caller ID and is displayed in the extension status.
- Email Address: Email address used for voicemail notifications for this extension. Disabled if left blank.
4. Fill in the following fields in the Authentication section:
- ID: The registration ID Must be the same as the User name in the UVP.
- Password: Password used for the extension; it is automatically generated when you create a new extension.
5. In the VoiceMail tab set these values:
- Enable Voicemail: Enabled
- Pin Number: This is the password used to access the voicemail system. This password can only contain numbers (It is automatically generated). A user can change the password you enter here after logging into the voicemail system (999) with a phone.
6. Once you have finished settings the above values click on the ok button. You will be redirected to the Extensions page that shows all the information related to the extension you have just created.
If you have not already followed the Initial Configuration steps in this article Standalone UniFi VoIP Phone Configuration Guide please complete these before continuing. If you have any questions about the following settings or what they mean please refer to the article above in the SIP Configuration section.
The fields that you need to fill in here are below.
- User name: Set it to the value you used in the Extension number field in the User information section shown above
- Password: Set it to the value of the Password field in the Authentication section
- Voicemail number: 999