Users can use two different methods to restore a UniFi Security Gateway (USG) to its factory default settings. Either with the hard reset (reset button on the device) or the soft reset (via the UniFi Controller).
|Note: Do not disconnect the device during the reset process. Resetting your device will wipe out all history and configurations and it will disappear from the controller. You will need to adopt it once again.|
Table of Contents
Hard Reset (Device Button)
Using a paper clip, or another similar object, press and hold the reset button found on the ports' side of the device, until the orange LED above the VoIP port begins to flash quickly. Once the LED glows solidly, release the reset button. Wait 60+ seconds for the default configuration to be restored. Do not unplug the device during reset process.
Reset via UniFi Controller
- While logged in to the UniFi Controller, click on the Devices icon on the left hand side menu.
- Select the USG you wish to reset from the list by clicking on it. This will open the Device Properties panel.
- Go to the Configuration tab.
- Click on Manage Device to expand the section.
- Scroll down to Forget this Device and click on Forget.