The HTTP/HTTPS services are what allow users to configure airMAX units from the web browser (GUI). If these services are disabled by mistake, users can be temporarily locked out of the radio until they re-gain access via SSH.
- Make sure you have tried both http://<ip_of_radio> and https://<ip_of_radio> (in case only one of the two web servers was disabled.
- If access is still prohibited, connect to the units via SSH.
- Now edit /tmp/system.cfg using vi (text editor):
- Once the file is open, press the insert key on the keyboard, find the line "httpd.status=disabled" and change to:
- To save these changes, press the escape key, type :wq and press the enter key like so:
- Now we need to make those changes persistant (to remain after reboot):
cfgmtd -f /tmp/system.cfg -w
- Now powercycle the unit or type:
Note: Alternatively, WinSCP can be used to download /tmp/system.cfg from the radio and edit the file locally. After that, it can be uploaded to /tmp/ where it will overwrite the existing system.cfg file. Then continue from Step 6.