This article describes how to enable once again the HTTP services to regain access to the airMAX devices via webUI. This access is enabled by default; it is only necessary to follow this guide if it has been disabled for some reason.
Table of Contents
The HTTP/HTTPS services are what allow users to configure airMAX units from the web browser (GUI). If these services are disabled by mistake, users can be temporarily locked out of the radio until they regain access via SSH. Follow the steps below to re-enable the HTTP service via SSH.
Steps: How to Re-enable the HTTP Server / Service
- Verify that access is not possible through both http://<ip_of_radio> and https://<ip_of_radio>, in case only one of the two web servers was disabled.
- If access is still prohibited, connect to the units via SSH.
- Now edit /tmp/system.cfg using vi (text editor):
- Once the file is open, press the insert key on the keyboard, find the line "httpd.status=disabled" and change to:
- To save these changes, press the escape key, type :wq and press the enter key like so:
- To make these changes persistent and remain after reboot, issue these commands:
cfgmtd -f /tmp/system.cfg -w
- Power-cycle the unit or type:
NOTE: Alternatively, WinSCP can be used to download /tmp/system.cfg from the radio and edit the file locally. After that, it can be uploaded to /tmp/ where it will overwrite the existing system.cfg file. Then continue from Step 6.