There are two ways to reset your camera. The recommended method is to physically reset the device by using the reset button located next to the Ethernet port. Resetting via the WebUI is also possible. Find both processes described below.
Table of Contents
If you are unable to manage or otherwise configure a camera, It's likely it will need to be Factory Reset. Once you finish, The Camera login credentials should be set to `ubnt` for both the username and password.
This can happen when you've lost the camera password, or when the device has become unresponsive in webui for one reason or another. If you are unsure if you need to do this, open a support chat and ask for assistance. https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us
Physical Reset (Recommended)
The reset button can be found next to the camera's Ethernet port. Use a paper clip or a similar object to push the button that's at the back of that hole.
- Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
- Release the button (the LEDs will stop glowing).
- Do not disconnect the camera from its POE injector during the reboot process.
- The camera will restore factory settings after a few minutes.
Although the physical reset is the recommended method of taking your device back to factory defaults, sometimes a WebUI reset can be more convenient. If you don't have access to your camera via WebUI, then physically resetting the device will be your only option.
- Go into the System tab.
- Under the Maintenance section you will see the link for Reset to Defaults.
- Click it and wait for your camera to be reset. Don't unplug the device during this process.