Use the command line interface (CLI) to start a package refresh which will update any currently installed system software. This system administration task is needed to get any security updates or related fixes which may have been published after the deployment of the NVR appliance.
- Open a shell session to the NVR appliance with this command:
apt-get update ; apt-get upgrade -y ; apt-get dist-upgrade -y ; apt-get autoremove -y ; apt-get autoclean ; apt-get clean
- apt-get update retrieves a new list of software packages from the Debian repository
- apt-get upgrade -y downloads and installs all updated software and automatically answers yes to all questions
- apt-get dist-upgrade -y installs a new UNIX kernel (when available) and automatically answers yes to all questions
- apt-get autoremove -y removes any unused software packages and automatically answers yes to all questions
- apt-get autoclean deletes any old software archive files from previous apt-get sessions
- apt-get clean deletes any downloaded software archive files from previous apt-get sessions
Simply running the following is sufficient most of the time:
apt-get update ; apt-get upgrade
The remaining commands are a more robust approach to basic system administration. The base operating system used by the NVR appliance is Debian 7 (Wheezy).
Note: The UniFi-Video repository is temporarily unavailable to prevent mistaken updates to 3.2. It will be available again. In the meantime, you can safely disregard any errors you see specific to that repository. The remainder of the system packages will update despite that error.