Multi-Site Management was introduced in UniFi version 3. This feature allows you to have multiple logically separated "sites" to manage groups of devices. For example, you could have a building on the East coast and one on the West coast, each needing different SSIDs or security protocols, both managed from a single controller.
To create a new site:
1. You'll see a Current Site dropdown in the upper right-hand corner of the UniFi controller interface.
2. Click the dropdown and choose Add new site.
3. Enter a unique name for the Site. Note: this will be the name that appears in the Site dropdown
4. Click Submit.
You should now have a Default site besides the new site you just created. You can now plug in your UAPs to your network or perform a Layer 3 adoption as necessary if the UAPs are on a separate subnet from the controller.
The UAPs should now appear as "Pending Approval" in all Sites. Choose the Site that you would like to adopt the UAP in to via the Sites dropdown, then click the Adopt button. Once the UAP is Adopted and Provisioned, it will only appear in the Site you were in when you Adopted it.
To delete a site:
1. Select the Site you wish to delete in the Current Site dropdown at the upper right hand corner. Note: the Default site cannot be deleted.
2. Go to Settings > Site
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Delete Site. Click Confirm when prompted.