Overview here. In search results customer will see Article title and this first line, so make it descriptive.
Table of Contents
- How to Create a New Site
- How to Import an Existing Site
- How to Delete a Site
- Related Articles
The UniFi Controller allows administrators to have multiple logically separated "sites" to manage groups of devices and site configurations. For example, one site could be a building on the East coast and one on the West coast, each needing different SSIDs or security protocols, both managed from a single uniFied controller. Each site has its separate configurations, meaning most all changes done in the Settings section of the Controller is per site: Wireless Networks, Guest Control, Networks, to name only a few. If a site is deleted, all these configurations will be deleted as well.
How to Create a New Site
1. Launch the UniFi Controller, then click on the Current Site dropdown, found in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
2. Select Add new site.
3. Enter a unique name for the site. This is the name that will appear in the Current Site dropdown as well as in the Cloud Access Portal, from where you can launch the Controller on a specific site.
4. Click Submit.
5. You should now two sites: the Default site and the new one just created.
6. If you wish, you can now proceed to plug your devices to your network or perform a Layer 3 adoption if the devices are on a separate subnet from the controller.
7. The devices should now appear as "Pending Adoption" on all Sites. Choose the Site that you would like to adopt the UniFi device into via the Sites drop-down, then click the Adopt button. Once the device is adopted and provisioned, it will only appear connected in the selected site.
How to Import an Existing Site
Follow the UniFi - Migrating Sites with Site Export Wizard article to import an existing site (including settings and devices) from another Controller. At this moment this feature cannot be used within the same Controller, the site to be imported must come from a different UniFi Controller.
How to Delete a Site
1. Select the site you wish to delete in the Current Site drop-down found in the upper, right corner of the UniFi Controller webUI.
NOTE: The Default site cannot be deleted.
2. Go to Settings > Site.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Delete Site. Click Confirm when prompted. Deleting a site deletes all configurations associated with it.