This guide will go over the steps to enable the free cloud access feature and management of UniFi devices from a locally installed controller.
NOTES & REQUIREMENTS: A UBNT account is needed to use cloud access via https://unifi.ubnt.com. This article will help if more information on how to create a UBNT account is needed.
Table of Contents
- How to Connect to the Controller Remotely
- How to Enable Local Login with UBNT Account
- Testing & Verification
- Related Articles
Users that have installed the UniFi Controller software, have created a UBNT account and are connected to the internet have the option to use cloud access via the Cloud Access Portal to access and manage multiple installations at one time even when they are not physically connected to any of those networks.
How to Enable Cloud Access
1. Log into your local UniFi Controller as usual:
2. Navigate to Settings > Cloud Access.
3. Turn the Enable Cloud Access feature ON.
4. Enter your https://unifi.ubnt.com credentials on login request and select Enable Cloud Access.
NOTE: If you have not yet created an account please do so now. Once an account is created you may need to return to Step 1 of this article.
If your UBNT.com account has two-factor authentication (2FA) enabled, you will have to provide the 2FA code to proceed.
5. Click on Apply Changes when you see that "Enable cloud access" is "On", and your https://unifi.ubnt.com credentials are displayed in the "Configured For" section of the page and the green status is "Connected":
How to Enable Local Login with UBNT Account
When the Enable Local Login with UBNT Account option is ON in the Settings > Cloud Access section, the credentials from your UBNT SSO account will be used for administrator accounts, so you would use your SSO credentials to log into your Controller. This option will only take effect after the "Apply Changes" button has been selected.
To revert these settings:
1. Turn the toggle of the Enable Local Login with UBNT Account option to the OFF position.
2. Select "Apply Changes".
3. Navigate to Settings > Admins.
4. Edit the admin account and revert the username and password.
5. The page will refresh and you can test your settings by visiting the Cloud Access Portal: https://unifi.ubnt.com.
Testing & Verification
1. To confirm you have cloud access, log in to the Cloud Access Portal (https://unifi.ubnt.com) with your SSO Cloud credentials.
2. Your local controller should be displayed with a computer icon like the one for demo.ubnt.com in the screenshot below:
3. Access your Controller by clicking "Launch" in the Actions column. If you have more than one site select it to launch. You should have full access to your controller!