This article shows which third-party OLTs have been tested with the Nano G ONU and explains how to change profiles on UFiber ONUs.
NOTES & REQUIREMENTS:
Table of Contents
- Change UFiber ONU Using WebUI
- Change UFiber ONU Profiles Using Power-On Method
- Settings for UFiber ONU and FiberHome OLT Compatibility
- Related Articles
UFiber ONUs are fully compatible with UFiber OLT and can be easily managed by the UFiber OLT webUI as well as UNMS. The UF-NanoG and UF-Loco have also been tested with the following Third-Party OLT models:
Huawei (Profile 2 on UFiber ONU)
- MA5608T (FW version: MA5600V800R013C10)
- MA5683T (FW version: MA5600V800R015C00 Patch: SPC101)
FiberHome (Profile 3 on UFiber ONU)
- AN5516-04 (FW version: VR3.2)
ZTE OLT (Profile 4 on UFiber ONU)
- (FW version: GTGOG V1.2.5P3)
Change UFiber ONU Profile Using WebUI
1. Access the UFiber ONU webUI from the LAN port of the device (default address of ONU is 192.168.1.1)
2. Log into the ONU with default credentials ubnt/ubnt.
3. Click the gear icon on the left, then the GPON tab at the top.
4. You will notice OLT Profile options in the dropdown for:
- Profile 1 (UFiber OLT, default)
- Profile 2 (Huawei)
- Profile 3 (FiberHome)
- Profile 4 (ZTE)
Change ONU Profiles Using Power-On Method
ATTENTION: This method is only applicable to the UF-NanoG model.
1. Unplug NanoG from power source.
2. Hold digital display button on Nano G.
3. While holding digital display button, plug power source in. Hold for 35 seconds.
4. Once dashes appear on the display, release the digital display button and press to cycle though profile options. Current options: Profile 1 (UFiber OLT, default), Profile 2 (Huawei), and Profile 3 (FiberHome).
5. Double press the display to confirm the profile.
6. The Nano G will automatically restart with the selected profile.
Settings for UFiber ONU and FiberHome OLT Compatibility
To use a UFiber ONU with FiberHome OLT the following commands in the FiberHome OLT must be issued:
Admin# cd gponlinecard
Admin\gponline# set pon_interconnection_switch slot 1 switch enable union_interconnect_switch enable