These are the minimum system requirements for the UniFi Controller to run optimally.
- Ubuntu Desktop / Server 14.04 or 16.04 (recommended)
- Debian 7 “Wheezy”, 8 "Jessie", 9 "Stretch" (recommended)
- macOS Mavericks 10.9, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.11 El Capitan, 10.12 Sierra, 10.13 High Sierra (10.13 recommended)
- Windows 7 or Windows 10 (recommended)
- Windows Server 2008 or 2016 (recommended)
CPU: x86-64 Processor (Intel / AMD x64 Processors)*
Network: 100Mbps Wired Ethernet*
HDD: Minimum 10GB free (20GB or more preferred)*
Java: Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 8
Web Browser: Google Chrome
MongoDB: version 3.2 or later (Mongo is offered bundled: default bundled is 2.4.14 (for macOS and Windows only)).
*NOTE: Actual Storage, CPU, RAM and Network speed requirements will depend on many factors including the number of UniFi devices managed by the controller, number of clients, features enabled, and data retention settings. For database repair you require free space equal to the current database size, plus 2GB.