This article describes how to enable the passing of LLDP packets on airMAX M/AC.
|Notes & Requirements|
|- Firmware Version Applicable: airOS v6+ and v8+
- Device Models Applicable: M and AC
- Requirements: None
Table of Contents
When an airMAX radio is in its default bridging configuration, it will not pass LLDP packets. As of airOS v6/v8, we've added the ability to pass LLDP packets by editing the system.cfg.
Steps - How to Enable passing of LLDP Packets?
- Download the current radio config from System > Back Up Configuration.
- Open the .cfg backup in a good text editor like Notepad++ or Brackets.
- Navigate to the bridge section. Radios with one bridge should look like this:
bridge.1.devname=br0tell us that the bridge index for
bridge0is 1. For most users this will be the case. If you have more than one bridge, you need to select the bridge.index for the bridge you want to pass LLDP packets on.
- Now that we know the bridge.index we want to enable LLDP on, we will add the following line to the bottom of the configuration backup we made earlier.
bridge.1.fwd.gmask=16384(replace 1 with your bridge.index).
- Save the changes made to the CFG backup in your text editor and upload to the radio. System > Upload Configuration.
- Repeat these steps on the other side of the link.