You will see <unifi_base> in many of our configuration instructions. When asked to place a file in a folder within <unif_base> use the method you would usually use when moving files in that operating system. For example, for the Cloud Key, you will not be able to drag and drop as you would for Windows or macOS. Instead you will use a file transfer application, such as FileZilla to access the correct folder and drag and drop the file there. To gain access you will enter as you would a SSH session with username and password.
The <unifi_base> location will vary depending on your operating system. Find <unifi_base> in the following directories:
- UniFi Cloud Key & Debian/Ubuntu Linux: /usr/lib/unifi
- Windows: %userprofile%/Ubiquiti UniFi.
Note: %userprofile% is a Windows variable that returns the full C:\Users\yourname\ path. Another way of seeing it would be: C:\Users\<username>\Ubiquiti UniFi.
- macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/UniFi. You can get to this folder by several paths:
- Option 1: Click option+Go in Finder's top menu bar to access Library. From there navigate to Application Support > UniFi.
- Option 2: /Applications/UniFi.app/Contents/Resources.
Note: Do not double click on UniFi.app, as it will launch the application, instead, Right Click > Show Package Contents.