This article describes two easy ways to upgrade your Cloud Key's firmware through User Interfaces, as well as how to access the Cloud Key's Management WebUI for other uses.
Table of Contents
- How to Upgrade your Cloud Key via the UniFi Controller
- How to Upgrade your Cloud Key via the Cloud Key Management WebUI
- Related Articles
How to Upgrade your Cloud Key via the UniFi Controller
1. To upgrade the Cloud Key firmware: In the UniFi Controller, go to Settings > Maintenance > Cloud Key Firmware and click Check for update. You will see an Update button appear if you need to upgrade.
2. To upgrade the Controller firmware: In the UniFi Controller, go to Settings > Maintenance > Cloud Key Controller and click Check for update. You will see an Update button appear if you need to upgrade.
How to Upgrade your Cloud Key via the Cloud Key Management WebUI
Back to Top
1. Access the Cloud Key Management WebUI, by typing your Cloud Key's IP in your browser. Note: Not sure what your Cloud Key IP is? Find it in the Host column in the SDN: https://unifi.ubnt.com.
2. You will land on a warning page, click on Advanced and Proceed to <your IP>(unsafe)...
3. Click on Configure to access your Cloud Key's Management GUI.
4. Type in your Cloud Key's credentials. These credentials are not the same as your UniFi Controller credentials. When you initially set it up, it will have prompted you to change the password. The default credentials were:
So chances are, the username is still root or ubnt. These are the same credentials you would use to SSH into your Cloud Key.
5. Once inside the Cloud Key UI, go to the Maintenance tab. Here you can once again upgrade the UniFi Controller under the UNIFI header. Or change the Cloud Key firmware under the FIRMWARE header.
You can Check for Updates to get the latest publicly released version, or if you wish to select the firmware you will be moving on to, click on Update Manually. You will need the firmware link, which you can get from our Downloads page or for the non-stable releases, find them in the Alpha and Beta blogs. To access these you will need to have signed up to the Beta program.