This article describes two easy ways to upgrade your UniFi Cloud Key's firmware through User Interfaces, via the UniFi Controller and the Cloud Key's Management WebUI for other uses. If you are searching for help on a forgotten Cloud Key password, please see this article: UniFi - Credentials: Usernames, Admin Names and Passwords.
Table of Contents
- How to Update the Cloud Key with the UniFi Controller
- How to Update the Cloud Key with the Cloud Key Management UI
- Related Articles
Before you begin, always make sure you have a backup of your UniFi Controller. You can download your backup in the UniFi Controller in Settings > Maintenance > Backup and click Download Backup. Keep in mind that in order to restore a backup, the controller version must be the same or newer than the one it was created from. It is also important to note that when the Cloud Key is updated, it will automatically upgrade the UniFi Controller version to its corresponding bundled controller version.
How to Update the Cloud Key with the UniFi Controller
1. To upgrade the Cloud Key firmware: In the UniFi Controller, go to Settings > Maintenance > Cloud Key Firmware and click Check for Update. You will see an Update button appear if you need to upgrade.
2. To upgrade the Cloud Key's UniFi Controller software: In the UniFi Controller, go to Settings > Maintenance > Cloud Key Controller and click Check for Update. You will see an Update button appear if you need to upgrade.
How to Update the Cloud Key with the Cloud Key Management UI
1. Access the Cloud Key Management WebUI, by typing your Cloud Key's IP in your browser.
User Tip: Not sure what your Cloud Key IP is? Find it in the Host column in the SDN: https://unifi.ubnt.com
2. You will land on a warning page, click on Advanced and Proceed to <your IP>(unsafe)...
3. Click on Configure to access your Cloud Key's Management GUI.
4. Type in your Cloud Key's credentials. These credentials are not the same as your UniFi Controller credentials. When you initially set the Cloud Key up, it will have prompted you to change the password. The default credentials were:
So chances are, the username is still root or ubnt. These are the same credentials you would use to SSH into your Cloud Key.
5. Once inside the Cloud Key UI, go to the Maintenance tab. Here you can once again upgrade the UniFi Controller under the UNIFI header. Or change the Cloud Key firmware under the FIRMWARE header.
You can Check for Updates to get the latest publicly released version, or if you wish to use a non-stable version, click on Update Manually. You will need the firmware link, which you can get from our Downloads page or for the non-stable releases, find them in the Beta blog. To access these you will need to have signed up to the Beta program.