This article discusses Group Configuration on UniFi. Group Configuration allows network administrators to configure entire groups of UniFi APs at once. It is available on UniFi Controller software version 5.3.X and later.
Table of Contents
Capabilities of Group Configuration
The following AP settings can be changed with batch configuration:
- Radio Channel Width
- Radio Transmit Power
- Minimum RSSI
- WLAN Groups
- Band Steering
- Airtime Fairness
- Disable Device
- Enable/disable LED
Using Group Configuration
In order to enable group configuration, first update the UniFi Controller to version 5.3.0 or later (stable version 5.3.8 is recommended at date of posting). With the controller updated, follow the steps below to batch configure your network.
1. Enable group configuration using the gear icon in the top-right corner of the Devices page. An empty check box will appear next to each AP in the Devices list.
2. Check the boxes of all APs to be configured, or use the column header to select all.
3. Click Edit Selected to bring up the Properties sidebar to the right of the screen.
4. Queue the desired configuration changes in the Configuration tab, then click Apply Changes to push the configuration to the AP group.
5. After applying the configuration, the selected APs will show as Provisioning or Connected depending on the extent of changes and number of APs being configured. Once the APs are Connected, all changes should be applied. Check the properties of an individual AP within the batch to verify that changes were applied successfully.
- UniFi - Managing Access Points via UniFi Mobile App
- UniFi - Correct Controller Versions for UniFi Hardware